Friday 20 June 2014

How to Get Islamic Education While Living Abroad?



Last Sunday I visit one of my close friend to spend some time together. There he decided to go along with children’s to the nearest park for picnic. We sit aside watching the kids playing each other. I noticed something weird in his behavior but could not find a way to ask him the reason. At last making a brave step I told him to share his sorrows with me. I will not explain the whole story he told me but summarizing it to a single line he was worried about the increasing distance between his children’s and Islam.



I can feel his problem because being a Muslim this is our prime obligation to give our children all necessary education about our religion Islam. But here in USA it is hard to find a good Islamic teacher for your kids in a specific budget. There are thousands of Muslim families living abroad having the same problem. As a Masters student it was a task assigned to me and I have to research on this problem in order to overcome it. By the way it will be mine problem as well in the future.
Hunting down this situation plenty of options comes in my way like Online Quran teaching academies, teach Islam to your kids via video links etc. The most innovating way I liked and prefer to you people is the learning of Islamic education through the Smartphone. Smartphone is widely used device in USA for internet surfing and communication. Our Muslim brothers who spread the knowledge of Quran and Sunnah through their mobile computing work. They developed numbers of Islamic educational apps to help us tackling this difficulty.
Now going more in details I found some great applications that can fulfill basic Islamic education for our kids in a very interactive way. Last 20 surahs app that gives you a perfect start to learn Holy Quran Surahs. Step by Step Salat will enable you to learn all necessary procedure for offering daily prayers. Hadith e Nawawi app will take you to the next level of Islamic learning’s. Kids Dua series a set of supplications learning app, hence the Appstore contains hundreds of applications in similar domain.
In a nutshell there are dozens of solutions for a single problem, all we need to analyze and try to solve it rather than to sit a side and watch. As a Muslim it is our duty to help our other Muslim brother in all aspects of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment